Friday, March 20, 2009

I'm Heartbroken :-(

So, since last year I've lost 43 lbs. I've very happy about that and proud of what I did. One of the side effects however, is that my fingers have lost weight as well. My wedding ring has been loose for quite a while now but I am very conciously aware of it - and entirely too busy to have it resized. That was until last night...

Ryker and I had been working in the arena and then I had been raking up dead weeds from around the front area of the driveway so that we can burn them later. It was chaotic. I was watching Kai'le, who was riding her bike, and making sure she was watching for the cars that never come down our lane. I was watching Brodee, whose pants were continually falling down, so as a result, so was he. I was raking. I was busy.

When we got to the house - we gave the kids a bath. We picked up toys. We changed sheets and blankets. Took the garbage out. Did the dishes. Fed the cats. All the while I never noticed my ring was gone. Finally, we sat down at the computer to write some roping information and I went to fiddle with my ring like I always do...but it wasn't there. I started to bawl. I know it's just a ring, but's it sentimental and it's dear to me. We looked high and low in the house and where we could outside, since it was dark, but to know avail. We'll look some more tonight.

Hopefully, it will turn up. I had to strap a toe ring to my ring finger this morning because it's just too wierd not to wear one. I went so far as to order a cheap silver and cubic zirconia replacement in case it doesn't show up. If it does, I'll wear the cheap one for outside activities and my good one for inside (after having it properly resized of course). Either way, I'll have something to wear besides a toe ring until we find out if we need to start saving for a new one.

Who knows - maybe I'll just go get a ring tatooed on - then I'll never be able to lose it. Wish me luck - I sure hope we find it!

1 comment:

steph said...

sad sad day! I'm sorry you lost it, i hope you find it!