Saturday, March 21, 2009

My Lost Ring Saga...Part II

After blubbering for an entire night and a whole day at work, I came home yesterday to find the proverbial needle in a haystack...better known as my wedding ring. I again looked in the house...nothing. I walked around where I'd been raking...nothing. We had been in the arena, but I honestly didn't think that it could've fallen off out there since so much time had passed from then until I'd noticed it was missing. Besides, looking in the arena was like trying to find a penny on a deserted beach. It's a sea of sand and divots and poop. I had to try though.

Kai'le and I headed off down the arena watching every step we took to see if something shiny magically would appear, but there was nothing. I had been cleaning horse poop out of the boxes and decided that would be my final look before giving up. I checked by the chute but didn't find anything. I checked where I'd been shoveling poop...nothing there either. Finally, I turned around, about to head back to the barn and there, covered in a thin layer of dirt was my poor abandoned ring.

I couldn't believe it. Of all the places I shouldn't have been able to find it, I found it in the headers box in the arena. I was so happy I almost started blubbering once again. I was also so nervous that I took it in the house and put it up for safe keeping so that I could finish my work outside. Now I can't remember where I put it...just kidding. It's back safely on my finger where it belongs. I'll be having it resized as soon as I get a second. From now on though, whenever I have to go out and work, it will stay in a safe spot in the house so it doesn't get lost again :-)

I think I may have to go and buy a lottery ticket now. It couldn't have been anything more than sheer luck that led me to find my ring.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I'm so glad you found your ring. And in the dirt? That was a miracle my dear. I would've been freaking out. Ryan has lost two of his rings so far and now doesn't wear one since I'm too cheap to buy him another replacement...for him to lose again. :o) As for me, my ring has pretty much sunken itself into my flesh on my pudgy fingers...nice and secure. The only benefit of having fat fingers.
By the way, I checked out your new website...very nice!

Stacy said...

Thanks Kristi! I know it was a miracle. Ryker has lost his ring 3 times and has round it each time. Once in the steer pen when he was throwing hay, once in the mud when we were washing the horses and another time. Men! How are you feeling? Do you know what you are having yet? Hope all is well :-)